What propels you?

I'm sure you've all noticed that a number of banners have appeared on this blog. These banners are helpful for the word to get out about a number of issues in the world, a number of issues which I take personal interest. These are: lack of water in the world (charity: water), capital punishment (Amnesty International), the shoeless (TOMS Shoes), and poverty and injustice in the world (Oxfam International).

It's important for me to remember that there are things in this world bigger than me. It keeps me grounded. Reminds me that there are things to do, people to help, problems to solve, and to stay humble. I am ever so grateful for the luxuries I access in my daily life. As tough as it can be to struggle with debt and wanting to make life better for myself, I have to remember that there are people out there who live on less than $.25 a day. Who don't drink water that is safe. Who don't know what it's like to eat in a restaurant (let alone eat that AMAZING salmon my brother and new sister had at their wedding reception!). This is what propels me. I only hope that it does the same for you.

Please remember that as difficult as it is here to live without health coverage or with minimal coverage (trust me, I know, I pay out the wazoo for limited coverage each month and still don't get what I need), there are people in this world who don't know what it is like to see a doctor at all. Yes, our country is struggling in many ways, but we also have a strong tie that binds us together: our patriotism. Our common heritage brings us together when we are at our worst and best. Not everyone in the globe has that luxury.

charity: water
Amnesty International
Oxfam International
TOMS Shoes

Comments

Popular Posts