Putin > Lady GAGA

So, today I was told that I'm weird because I have a picture of Vladimir Putin at my desk, but in the same sentence I was informed that it's normal to have a picture of Lady GAGA at your desk. Wait, wait, I'm sorry, I'm confused. See, here's the thing: I could give a rat's behind about GAGA and what she's doing. I mean, as a part of humanity, yes, I care about her, but she's not a part of my daily life - aside from what I hear of her on the radio - I don't care about what goes on with her. However, Putin is an active part of my life. He is a part of my daily conversation. I celebrate Vladurday every week with two of my best friends. Further, he is the leader of one of the largest countries in the world - being a student of foreign policy and its functions, Putin is a great part of my life.

This picture is rather humorous, actually, it's from Vladurday a few weeks ago. It's quite amazing, actually - it says "Vladimir Putin is wearing a bear -- your argument is invalid." This statement has humor, but a lot of weight. Satirically, it's extremely valid - Putin was the head of state of Russia for many years, made lots of changes, and had dreams of taking the country back to its Lenin/Stalin history. He established that his opinion was the superior and the one that mattered most. He was president of Russia for 8 years and is now the Prime Minister (and in my opinion, still the president, just with a different name). He was a member of the KGB. He's got big dreams and he's not going to let anything stop him.

On the flip side, he's a brilliant man. He's intelligent, skilled, and very capable. A talented debate master and well versed in the ways of the world, especially that of the United Nations.

In other words, it's my opinion that Putin is superior to GAGA. Now, I realize that not everyone is of this opinion, however, in the grand scheme of things - GAGA isn't going to take over the world like Pinky and the Brain, but Putin will - he's got plans in place. I realize that my ideas of what's important in life are somewhat different from what others view as important, however, I'm getting a little tired of being told that my magazines are 'stupid and boring' and that my research 'sucks because it's boring' and that I'm weird because I prefer public political figures over 'artists and performers.'

Comments

Popular Posts