Just a Strawberry Jelly Family

Whew, what a week it's been around here. Insanity! One of the best friends EVER was here visiting last weekend, then it was hotter than you know what and I was cranky from lack of sleep, then it got nice, but I felt all sappy because I missed people, and today was my Great Aunt Ruth's memorial service. It's like a whirlwind around here.

Nevertheless, in the midst of my week, I decided that I needed to make strawberry jelly. Strawberrys were on sale SUPER cheap at the local farmers market store (LOVE LOVE LOVE Kriegers!) so I picked up a few packages, broke out my grandma's recipe, and got to making. I'm going to make another batch on Monday with my BFF Brandi so she can be a part of the tradition, too. :)

Here are some pictures from the strawberry jelly-a-thon:


First you gotta mash 'em:
Then cook 'em (in Grandma's pot, preferably...):
Then you jar it all up and yummmmmmmmmmmyyyyy!!

Today we celebrated the life of Aunt Ruth. She was an AMAZING woman. She was one of the most grace-filled, kind hearted, blessed to be around, wonderful, and incredible people you'll ever meet. My Aunt Penny was one of those, too.

Aunt Ruth had a way of making you feel like you were the only person in her world when you knew everyone else felt the same way. She loved everyone no matter their troubles or opinions. She was the epitome of classy lady. She was always asking me what I was into, what I was learning in school, where I wanted to go, and then she would tell anyone we were with about my trips and education. She never failed to tell me how proud she was of everything I did, even if it was walking across the backyard with a cup and not spilling anything (I'm pretty much the clumsiest person in my family...).

She lived 93 wonderful years. She had 4 great children and loved and nurtured the rest of her family as though we were her children too. I know she's at peace and I'm ever so grateful that I had the opportunity to have her in my life.

I wish you all love and kindness. I hope you all have a soul in your life like my Aunt Ruth and my Aunt Penny. Everyone should be so blessed as I am to have such great people to look up to. I've got a family full of wonderful people. :)

Comments

Popular Posts