Photo Challenge Day 6 (and Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!)

Well, here we are at Day 6 of the photo challenge. Today is: childhood memory.





Yep. Those are my Big Birds. The one on the left is Bird and the one on the right is Bird's Cousin. My maternal Grandmother gave these to me when I was a baby. I also have a Cookie Monster, but he was not the preferred character. Clearly, Bird was loved A LOT. He still is. I took Bird with me EVERYWHERE. As a result, he often got left places. That's where Bird's Cousin came into the picture. He would come visit when Bird was away on 'vacation' until he returned to the roost. Then Bird's Cousin flew away to his home to stay until the next time I left Bird somewhere. Little did I know that Bird's Cousin was just stuffed in my parents' bedroom closet that whole time.

I know he looks gross, but he's not. Plus: he's mine. He's my buddy. He slept by my side for 20-some odd years. He's gone to college with me, grad school with me (well, not to classes, but he lived with me when I was there), England, Puerto Rico, and so many more places. He's seen the world when I saw the world. My best bud.

So there you have it. My childhood memory for you. It's a memory of friends forever and family who love me enough to get me Bird (and his Cousin) and then bring him back to me whenever he was lost.

On another note: today is my parents' 28th wedding anniversary. (It's also my cousin's 6th wedding anniversary!) Happy Anniversary to them. Thanks for getting married because I'm glad I'm here and have you both for parents. I love you more than words can express and am so thankful that I'm your child. Here's to 28 more. :)

Hope you all are having a splendid weekend! I know I am!!

Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular Posts