The 5th Dimension


Yep. I did that. You know you love me, don't try and deny it. Get your groove on!

If you haven't figured it out, I'm an aquarius. Not this kind of Aquarius, but that's my zodiac sign. I'm the water carrier. Which is pretty interesting because I'm always thirsty. Maybe I should quit carrying it and drink it!



You can read the entire description that I use as a basis for this post here, or you can just read what I have to say and be done with it. Either way, it's ok with me.

I would say that the description of an aquarian is pretty accurate in describing my character. I can be described as:
'strong willed and forceful in their different ways and have strong convictions, though as they seek truth above all things, they are usually honest enough to change their opinions, however firmly held, if evidence comes to light which persuades them that they have been mistaken. They have a breadth of vision that brings diverse factors into a whole, and can see both sides of an argument without shilly-shallying as to which side to take. Consequently they are unprejudiced and tolerant of other points of view. This is because they can see the validity of the argument, even if they do not accept it themselves.'
Alternatively, I'm very shy, sensitive, private, and don't like sharing people. I have a very dry sense of humor and not many people get it or find me funny. I, on the other hand, think I'm hysterical. I'm fairly intelligent and can be logical when I wish to be. However, I'm extremely sensitive and emotional at times. I often withdraw from the world in order to bring myself back to center and not many people can tolerate that need.
'Both types need to retire from the world at times and to become temporary loners. They appreciate opportunities for meditation or, if they are religious, of retreats. Even in company they are fiercely independent, refusing to follow the crowd. They dislike interference by others, however helpfully intended, and will accept it only on their own terms. Normally they have good taste in drama, music and art, and are also gifted in the arts, especially drama.'
I'm one of three children of two professional musicians and all three of us played instruments at some point in our lives. I still sing in my church choir and will likely be taking voice lessons again soon. I used to *love* to act and did so through school, but now I just partake in the everyday drama. :)

I love with all my heart and it often gets me in trouble. I am a decent judge of character, but I sometimes am blinded by my desire to help everyone that I forget I need to help myself too. Or that sometimes it's not necessary to help everyone. ;) I don't trust easily, but when you have my trust and my love, it takes a lot for me to rescind it. Worst of all: I am forever saying things wrong. I can never manage to say things the way I mean to say them. My close friends say they 'speak Meig' because it's like I have my own language where what is perceived as an insult to an outsider is really a high compliment, I just didn't say it right. I never intend to say things the way I do, and even when I think a long time before I speak, I still manage to muck it up. :-/
'In spite of the often intensely magnetic, forthcoming and open personality of the more extrovert kind of Aquarian, and of their desire to help humanity, neither type makes friends easily. They sometimes appear to condescend to others and take too little trouble to cultivate the acquaintance of people who do not particularly appeal to them. They do not give themselves easily - perhaps their judgment of human nature is too good for that - and are sometimes accounted cold.'
So, I think that my zodiac sign describes my personality pretty well. If you know me in real life, do you agree? If you don't know me in real life, do you think yours describes you pretty well?


(And this one is for Brandi... :))

Comments

Popular Posts