Making our way back from Mars

Today's topic for the writing challenge is: where you'd like to be in 10 years.

That's a pretty heavy topic. I'd like to be a lot of places in 10 years. Let's see...in 10 years I will be 36. I hope that by then I'm running my own business. Doing what I love. Spending time with the ones I love. Giving my heart and soul to the world. Yep. That's where I hope to be in 10 years.

Is that realistic? Maybe. Is it possible. Definitely. Do I know what will happen in 10 years? Nope. Maybe I'll have kids, maybe I won't. Maybe I'll be married, maybe I'll be single. Maybe I'll be rich, maybe I'll be comfortable.

I'd love to have my own coffee shop and bakery. In a house in a neighborhood. A place where friends can meet and kids can feel safe. A place where retired teachers and other professionals can make themselves available for kids to get help with homework. A place where yoga and music lessons can be taught and taken. A place where everything is delicious and calories don't count. A place where food allergies are recognized and understood and steps are taken to ensure people are protected from them. A place where creativity and love can grow.

That's where I want to be in 10 years.

Will that happen? I don't know. But it's nice to think about, huh?


Comments

Popular Posts