Sinus Saver

I just want to give this disclaimer really quickly: I was not asked to write this post, I am gaining nothing but pure happiness and joy by writing this post, and it was prompted by a few friends inquiring about where they could get this candle full of joy after seeing a picture of mine posted on my Facebook/Twitter last week. Thank you. :)


[source]
I have terrible sinus issues. I'm forever contracting sinus infections, colds, and no matter what I start out having, it always ends up being a month-long disaster that leaves me whining, coughing, sneezing, and miserable. I know, I know. No one likes being sick, but I swear to you that when I get sick I get death. I don't just get a cold, I get the plague and I get it about once a month starting in January and ending in December. My allergist said 'your allergies aren't severe enough for your sinus issues to be allergy based.' To which my internist replied 'well, he's a hack because clearly it's your allergies that are the issue. Oh, and that allergy asthma you have? Yeah, it's not helping either.' So I'm stuck in this merry-go-round of he said this and he said that and nowhere in there do I have an answer. *sigh* Oh well.

All that bellyaching brings me to this: I have discovered many different ways to make myself feel human enough to survive daily life while I'm ill and this beauty is one of them. I give you: the Sinus Relief Candle. It's like Vick's in a jar that has a wick in it that you can light on fire.


This beauty sits on my night stand (yep, that's a vintage lamp to the left - it was my Grandmother's!) and is frequently carried to other rooms in the house for effectiveness if I'm not moaning and groaning lying in bed. I purchased this baby from Willow Hill Candles and while this is the small jar candle (because I literally bought every. single. one. last year), it still burns for a REALLY long time. They're made with soy wax and natural scents so her candles burn clean, pure, and none of them give me migraines (yeah, those things are nasty and it's even worse to learn that the beloved scented candles that dot your home are one of the causes of them - but alas, Willow Hill to the rescue!!).

She ships everywhere, but also has a small shop out of the barn at her home in Harrison County, Ohio. My parents frequently visit (since they live soooo close) and she actually makes goat's milk soap that is unscented for my Daddy-o. He's got sensitive skins and her soap really helps heal and protect his skin.

One last thing about this amazing place is the carpet refresher. I. LOVE. THIS. STUFF. She has this glorious mix of scents and stuff in this jar that you sprinkle on the carpet and then vacuum up and it smells like clean all the time. EVEN BETTER: she puts a little bit of borax in it so it kills those nasty buggers that might try and infest your home with their grossness (aka fleas). Looooove it!! Brandi and I use the carpet refresher (which reminds me that I need to get some more) and we both also use the sinus relief candles.

So, long story short: if you're looking for another way to get some Vick's loveliness into your body or your child's body, use this candle. It's absolutely wonderful. I have a number of other friends who have tried this candle and swear by it as well.

I hope that you're all doing well and none of you are suffering with any form of the plague, but if you are, I hope that you're finding ways to be happy despite it. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts