The view from here...

I'm doing another month-long photo challenge. This time, however, I'm going to post them about once a week instead of every day. I'm doing the February Photo Challenge over at Fat Mum Slim. There are a bunch of people involved so it's going to be great fun to see all their photos!

Today's photo was 'your view today.' From my cube at work I can see out the attorney's office windows and look at part of the Civic Theater and a little bit of Lock 3. The picture I'm posting is a bit more than what I can see because I was in his office when I took the picture, but I didn't want to take the picture from my desk because you would miss all the beauty in the image. The florescent lights and the angle are just awkward enough for a photo, but what I get to see is perfect enough to keep me content all day long.


The Civic is one of my favorite places in the world. The ceiling has clouds, stars, and looks just like the sky. The giant red velvet curtain is something from a dream. The Wurlitzer organ is a classic and even rises up out of the orchestra pit and turns! So many good memories come from that place. My brother and sister received their high school diplomas there (it was being renovated when I graduated) and I've seen umpteen thousand dance recitals, concerts, plays, musicals, and other wonderful stage performances there.

I only wish I had been able to take this with my good camera (that I left at home, silly me!) so you could see the way the light glimmers off the brick and the perfect patina that is on the stairs.

Lock 3 is now the site of Akron's 4th of July fireworks show as well as the place where the Akron Symphony plays before, during, and after the fireworks show. It's also the home of the Akron Christmas Market that makes me miss Munich and its Christmas Markets oh, so very much.

I'm so happy to be back working downtown. Can you tell? :)

What's your view today?

Comments

Popular Posts