Leash Bag

Ever since Raj came into my family, I've wanted to have a bag to put on his leash to carry my phone, keys, some money and my ID. I usually wear sweats when we go walking and sometimes I wear my yoga pants which (unfortunately) have no pockets. I don't like weighing my sweats down with my phone, but it's not really a good idea to go for a long walk without it. Alas, I FINALLY made one. :)

I used this tutorial at Sew Much 2 Luv because I'm not very versed with zippers yet so I wanted something to follow along, but I learned a lot along the way. I am hoping to use up some of my zipper collection and make a few for the shop! :)

I got the bicycle fabric from the remnants collection at Jo-Ann. It is flannel, so pretty heavy duty. I didn't use fusible fleece like she did, I used medium weight fusible interfacing because I didn't want it to be too thick (especially since I was using the flannel).

The inside is made from the fabric that my Covert Robin sent my gifties wrapped in! I thought it was perfect so I used it!


The zipper is from a box of things I acquired from my grandmother. I am rather sentimental so I've been having a difficult time using those supplies because I want to keep them forever. Knowing that I can't, I'm slowly beginning to work through them. I used part of the extra length of the zipper for a little handle so I can connect it to his leash with a carabeener or the clip on his doggie poo bags. [These are the best bags ever, I must say - they're the Greenbone bags that you can get at Target (or Amazon as I posted a link to there, too) and the bags are biodegradable (faster than other bags), they're thicker and sturdier, and the dispenser is a lot more heavy duty than the other dispensers that we've had (and subsequently broken).]

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with my new leash bag and about to go check one more thing off my list of things to do today! :)


Comments

Popular Posts