Shorts and a sneak peek!




shorts on the line button

Brandi and I are doing the Shorts on the Line sew along over at imagine gnats. I set out sewing a pair of knit shorts for the twins that I babysit but when I got done drafting my pattern (using an existing pair of shorts), cutting, sewing, and admiring, I realized that they were big enough to fit JJ. Oops! I guess I needed to use a bigger seam allowance. I have this terrible habit of only using 1/4" seam allowances even though I really need 1/2" or 5/8". They turned out cute, though!


They're made from a t-shirt that I wore to work in Mexico when I went to build houses. I used part of the sleeve for the waistband and did a bit of a yoga pant style fold-over waistband for them. I also used the hem on the bottom of the shirt for the hem on the shorts to save some time!

Of course we got some shots of our little model. I may be a little biased, but I think she's the cutest 2 year old ever!




We're also doing a swap over at Pink Stitches and since I'm posting this, I figured I'd share a little sneak peek. :)


I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts